"International Human Resources and Compensation & Benefits Management"
Duties of compensation & benefits managers
Comp & ben is a term that covers an area of human resources which has become increasingly important in the last 10 years.
The role of compensation & benefits manager originated in a small number of corporations in English-speaking countries without a public welfare system. As such, companies had to develop and manage their employees’ benefits (health, pensions, death and disability cover, etc.).
The increasing complexity of compensation, with the advent of variable pay, deferred compensation, stock options, etc., made the role itself more complex.
Recently, the internationalization of companies, the talent war, the development, diversification and greater complexity of regulation, plus the quest for short-term and longterm financial optimization have led company directors to consider total rewards policy as part of their strategic arsenal, allowing them to ensure the attractiveness and sustainable development of their company.
Comp & ben experts’ duties include:
• Propose compensation policies and systems which meet recruitment, engagement and loyalty targets for the company’s human capital, and which represent the best fit with the company’s human resources policies as a whole (recruitment, career management and development, national and international mobility);
• Design, implement and develop compensation and benefits programs: compensation structures
• Carry out studies and monitoring of practices observed in competitor companies
• Organize pay review processes
• Check and control the financial and accounting impact of compensation schemes
• Run and administer compensation systems in liaison with in-house and external stakeholders (advisers, brokers, banks, insurance companies, public administrations,
• Provide support and advice for decisions related to compensation
• Organize in-house and external communication in order to promote schemes and increase their impact.
As such, companies need operational, well-trained staff. This high-level, specialized program prepares participants to meet this demand.
International Comp & Ben Club Director, Magellan Network
Contact the training coordinator :
+33 (0)1 42 34 75 75
Admissions days for 2019
17 April 2019 23 May 2019 18 June 2019 04 July 2019
Career paths and opportunities
• Comp & Ben manager
• Compensation survey coordinator
• Consultant in HR or compensation and benefits
• Regional or country HR director or manager